*Title: Gingerbread Man
*Type: Anchor colors
*Canvas size 250 x 298 Stitches
14 ct (45.4 x 54.1 cm) (17.9 x 21.3 in.)
16 ct (39.7 x 47.3 cm) (15.6 x 18.6 in.)
18 ct (35.3 x 42.1 cm) (13.9 x 16.6 in.)
20 ct (31.8 x 37.8 cm) (12.5 x 14.9 in.)
22 ct (28.9 x 34.4 cm) (11.4 x 13.5 in.)
25 ct (25.4 x 30.3 cm) (10.0 x 11.9 in.)
28 ct (22.7 x 27.0 cm) (8.9 x 10.6 in.)
32 ct (19.8 x 23.7 cm) (7.8 x 9.3 in.)
*Shipping: Digital Download
This story originally appeared in print in an 1875 issue of St. Nicholas Magazine, a popular monthly American children's publication, under the title “The Gingerbread Boy.”
“Now you shall hear a story that somebody’s great, great grandmother told a little girl ever so many years ago,” begins the folk tale.
In the 1875 version, the cookie runs from an increasingly diverse cast of characters (including farm animals and human workers) while chanting, “I've run away from a little old woman, a little old man, and I can run away from you, I can!”
The original story also featured a slightly grislier ending: As the fox ate the gingerbread man limb-by-limb, he cried, “"I'm quarter gone … I'm half gone … I'm three-quarters gone … I'm all gone!"
Similar tales of escaped food can be found in cultures all over the world: The mischievous character takes the form of bread dough in Russia, a pancake in Germany, and a dumpling in Hungary.
What’s the Moral?
The gingerbread man story’s moral is slightly dark for a fable meant for children: Be careful who you trust. The cookie believed the fox when he said he wasn’t tempted to eat him—this misguided trust led to the protagonist’s downfall.
Includes pages of instructions and diagrams:
- Material list - including floss color, canvas size recommendations, etc.
- Pictures are included as some items are too small to capture the pattern but need included in your final cross stitch.
- All instructions and guides are in English
- Due to the nature of this pattern, all sales are final, no refunds or returns are accepted. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order
- This pattern is for personal use only; it is not for resale or to be replicated or distributed without consent.
CONTINUE SHOPPING AND FOLLOW US
• Return to my main shop page here: LemonTreeNeedleworks.etsy.com
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LemonTreeNeedle
• Main site: LemonTreeNeedleworks.com
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Not just a wife, but a beautiful creator of oil painting art. For more information, see her Etsy page: AnnElizabethScott.Etsy.com
We are a few months away from this process.
Yes. We have started the transition to Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/author/lemontreeneedleworks
What we have available so far in mugs, puzzles, greeting cards are at: LemonTreeNeedleworks.Pixels.com