*Title: Gingerbread Man
*Type: Anchor colors
*Canvas sizes from design:
14 ct 167x199 Stitches (30.3 x 36.1 cm) (11.9 x 14.2 in.)
16 ct 167x199 Stitches (26.5 x 31.6 cm) (10.4 x 12.4 in.)
18 ct 167x199 Stitches (23.6 x 28.1 cm) (9.3 x 11.1 in.)
22 ct 167x199 Stitches (19.3 x 23.0 cm) (7.6 x 9.0 in.)
*Shipping: Digital Download
This story originally appeared in print in an 1875 issue of St. Nicholas Magazine, a popular monthly American children's publication, under the title “The Gingerbread Boy.”
“Now you shall hear a story that somebody’s great, great grandmother told a little girl ever so many years ago,” begins the folk tale.
In the 1875 version, the cookie runs from an increasingly diverse cast of characters (including farm animals and human workers) while chanting, “I've run away from a little old woman, a little old man, and I can run away from you, I can!”
The original story also featured a slightly more grisly ending: As the fox ate the gingerbread man limb-by-limb, he cried, “"I'm quarter gone … I'm half gone … I'm three-quarters gone … I'm all gone!"
Similar tales of escaped food can be found in cultures all over the world: The mischievous character takes the form of bread dough in Russia, a pancake in Germany, and a dumpling in Hungary.
What’s the Moral?
The gingerbread man story’s moral is slightly dark for a fable meant for children: Be careful who you trust. The cookie believed the fox when he said he wasn’t tempted to eat him—this misguided trust led to the protagonist’s downfall.
This listing is for a digital PDF Download.
Includes pages of instructions and diagrams:
- Material list - including floss color, canvas size recommendations, etc
- Pictures are included as some items are too small to capture the pattern but need included in your final cross stitch.
Your Downloadable PDF will be downloaded as soon as payment has been confirmed.
- You will not receive any physical items with this purchase - you will receive a downloadable PDF file only.
- All instructions and guides are in English
- Due to the nature of this pattern, all sales are final, no refunds or returns are accepted. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order
- This pattern is for personal use only, it is not for resale or to be replicated or distributed without consent.
CONTINUE SHOPPING AND FOLLOW US
• Return to my main shop page here:
• Follow us on Twitter:
• Main site:
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
For more information, see her Etsy page: AnnElizabethScott